The Rent Laws
- Year: 2010
- Availability: In Stock
Written by : Muhammad Abdul Basit
Publisher : HAJI HANIF & SONS Printers, Lahore.
Year of Publication : 2010
1. The Punjab Rented Premises Act, 2009.
2. The Islamabad Rent Restriction Ordinance, 2001.
3. The Cantonments Rent Restriction Act,1963.
THE PUNJABRENTED PREMISES ACT, 2009
C O N T E N T S
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
4. Act to override other laws.
CREATION OF TENANCY
5. Agreement between landlord and tenant.
6. Contents of tenancy agreement.
7. Payment of rent.
8. Existing tenancy.
9. Effect of non-compliance.
10. Effect of other agreement.
CHAPTER III 10
OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES
AND GROUNDS FOR EVICTION
12. Obligations of landlord.
13. Obligations of tenant.
14. Reimbursement of expenses.
15. Grounds for eviction.
ESTABLISHMENT OF RENT
TRIBUNAL AND PROCEDURE
16. Establishment of Rent Tribunal.
17. Rent Registrar.
18. Staff and establishment.
19. Filing of application.
20. Application for deposit of rent.
21. Appearance of parties and consequences of nonappearance.
22. Leave to contest.
23. Written reply.
24. Payment of rent and other dues pending proceedings.
25. Recording of evidence.
26. Rent Tribunal to exercise powers of Civil Court.
27. Period for disposal of application.
29. General power of transfer.
30. Transfer of ownership
31. Execution of orders.
33. Power to make rules.
34. Provisions of Qanun-e-Shahadat Order and Code of Civil Procedure not to apply.
35. Repeal and savings.
36. Repeal and validation.